Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the male of my koi pair ate the babies...I'm going to try again but this time with my yellow dragonscale pair. I have to wait until I can cure my female koi's popeye anyway, so that will give me plenty of time to recondition while I work with my yellow pair.

The two in this pair are named Egg (male) and HoneyBee (female). I got them with the intention of breeding so this works out perfectly. While Egg doesn't have the best of forms I'm hoping I can either breed that out or bring in new, better formed blood down the line.

I'll post pictures later of my other pair! They're going in a second breeding tank I set up when I realized that Vaudoux had made a midday snack of the fry. There could be one fry left but I definitely have it seen it since the day I took Vaudoux out of the breeding tank. Fingers crossed for this second pair!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here’s Honeybee

and Egg

This time I’m going to remove the male as soon as i see tails forming. Hopefully I’ll actually get some babies this time!

·
Registered
26 Posts
So sad Vaudoux ate the fry. My male Ralph ate the eggs twice, so I decided on trying another pair and this one has been successful. Hope this pair works out, they are absolutely stunning!
Also, love that you named the male Egg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to try Vaudoux and Pumpkin again. But I'm gonna remove Vaudoux after they spawn to see if that helps my chances.
Fingers crossed Egg isn't an egg eater!
Also, thank you, I thought it was very fitting for his coloration.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They’ve been in the tank since yesterday. Im currently at a 8hr shift so fingers crossed for Success by the time i get home. Success or just safety. Egg is a bit aggressive and im not sure Honeybee knows what to do.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They spawned while I was gone at work yesterday! I'm trying not to interact with the tank too much or take pictures cause I don't want to spook Egg and have him eat all the eggs like Vaudoux did. Honeybee's caudal and anal fins were a little worse for wear, but other than that she's looking great and is in a hospital tank recuperating. Hopefully I can just remove him after the 48 hours. Not sure if I can risk waiting

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up leaving dad in. He's doing great so far, but i'm keeping a close eye on him. As soon as those babies are free swimming he's out of there! I did get a pretty good photo of them up close which I'll post in a bit. They're so cute!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts