Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
48 days old today! I moved 60 of the bigger ones over to another grow out tank. I think I’ll have to move more over since the first one still has a good deal more. I do still need to count the other tank too

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Babies are 64 days old today and I started separating some of the males this past weekend! I have 9 out so far. I'm going to have to buy more containers. I have probably 20 more, but I found a different container I liked better in terms of size. Currently I have the boys on a shelf in my closet because I can keep a space heater in there going warm enough to keep the water in the containers at 83 degrees Fahrenheit.

Even at only 2 months the lil boys have flared at each other when uncarded. It's so adorable to see their tiny beards! I'll include photos of them when I get home later. Some of them are mustard gas, and some have picked up some interesting brown markings on top of the yellow.

I'm also currently doing a "giveaway" of some of them on my other social media. I am making people take a general betta care and aquarium knowledge quiz since the babies will be 2.5 months when they ship out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have been heating a little closet with a space heater for the jarred males, and that has been working this far, but apparenly my heater couldn't keep up last night and I woke up this morning to the jars down at 74 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm going to be purchasing some heat tape. I'd rather the babies have a steadier temp that risk their health with the space heater. I turned up the heater and added a little warm water to each jar before I left for work, so hopefully that brings them up to a more comfortable temp.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts