Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spawned my male Loki with a female MG today. Both from Basement bettas actually, I bought the female 6 months ago and the male 2 months ago. They spawn looks pretty good sized so far and daddy is doing a great job watching. This was one of the easiest spawns I have tried to do in a long time. I dropped them in and within 8 hours they were spawning. The male is actually a good deal younger and smaller than the female, however she really wanted to spawn so she didn't give him a hard time and she even picked up the eggs like a male. The spawn tank is a ten gallon btw..
The father is really camera shy so the pictures are bad sorry.
Blue Cobalt blue Feather

Blue Fish Cobalt blue Tail Electric blue

Clothing Thigh Waist Muscle Human leg

Cobalt blue Blue Electric blue Fish Tail

And the mother
Fish Blue Fish Electric blue Cobalt blue

Fish Fish Organism Pomacentridae Electric blue

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Sherol has some very nice fish! I will be watching this spawn. I have some purple gases that I want to breed into HM form.

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sherol has some very nice fish! I will be watching this spawn. I have some purple gases that I want to breed into HM form.
Yes she does! I am so lucky to live so close to her, I just drive up and pick up a bunch of fish and head home. LOL For me it's like going to toyRus LOL.

i like his Bubba gump lip.
Yea his lips are funny. Crazy thing is he looked nothing like this when I bought him. He was mostly yellow with small spots of blue. :shock:
Wow, they're going to have awesome fry :D
Thanks! I sure hope so!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I love Loki's lips!

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Yes she does! I am so lucky to live so close to her, I just drive up and pick up a bunch of fish and head home. LOL For me it's like going to toyRus LOL.
Lol I live by Linda Olson... So naturally I'm always picking up fish. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Haha! Yes I am! Lots of imports to come this summer.

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very Beautiful Pair! I wonder if any are siblings to the females Sherol sent me not to long ago. Beautiful! Can't wait to see more photos! Lui
Yes I am pretty sure she is, I chose her when she had a sibling sister and others but I only took this one. :)

Bad news, my photo's scared him and he abandoned the nest. I am gonna start over again with the same pair....

·
Registered
490 Posts
I know right! See's a camera and freaks out LOL
I guess I am lucky that Shad is a complete camera hog. With his new fry, now 4 days hatched, he doesn't remotely mind when I pull the cover to the tub to feed them. He is a very calm fish, and very smart. I've taught him that if I wiggle my finger, it means "food is here" and if I circle my finger, he'll eventually turn around to find the food that land behind his head.

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess I am lucky that Shad is a complete camera hog. With his new fry, now 4 days hatched, he doesn't remotely mind when I pull the cover to the tub to feed them. He is a very calm fish, and very smart. I've taught him that if I wiggle my finger, it means "food is here" and if I circle my finger, he'll eventually turn around to find the food that land behind his head.

GOOD NEWS!! I have 69 fry hanging around the sides of the tank. I took dad out this morning and many of the eggs hatched into fry. This would have been a much bigger spawn had he taken care of them but it's still a success in my eyes. Now I just need them to start free swimming to be worry free. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.