Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spawned my male Loki with a female MG today. Both from Basement bettas actually, I bought the female 6 months ago and the male 2 months ago. They spawn looks pretty good sized so far and daddy is doing a great job watching. This was one of the easiest spawns I have tried to do in a long time. I dropped them in and within 8 hours they were spawning. The male is actually a good deal younger and smaller than the female, however she really wanted to spawn so she didn't give him a hard time and she even picked up the eggs like a male. The spawn tank is a ten gallon btw..
The father is really camera shy so the pictures are bad sorry.
003.jpg
004.jpg
006.jpg
008.jpg
And the mother
new 026.jpg
new 031.jpg

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Sherol has some very nice fish! I will be watching this spawn. I have some purple gases that I want to breed into HM form.

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sherol has some very nice fish! I will be watching this spawn. I have some purple gases that I want to breed into HM form.
Yes she does! I am so lucky to live so close to her, I just drive up and pick up a bunch of fish and head home. LOL For me it's like going to toyRus LOL.

i like his Bubba gump lip.
Yea his lips are funny. Crazy thing is he looked nothing like this when I bought him. He was mostly yellow with small spots of blue. :shock:
Wow, they're going to have awesome fry :D
Thanks! I sure hope so!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I love Loki's lips!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Yes she does! I am so lucky to live so close to her, I just drive up and pick up a bunch of fish and head home. LOL For me it's like going to toyRus LOL.
Lol I live by Linda Olson... So naturally I'm always picking up fish. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Haha! Yes I am! Lots of imports to come this summer.

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very Beautiful Pair! I wonder if any are siblings to the females Sherol sent me not to long ago. Beautiful! Can't wait to see more photos! Lui
Yes I am pretty sure she is, I chose her when she had a sibling sister and others but I only took this one. :)

Bad news, my photo's scared him and he abandoned the nest. I am gonna start over again with the same pair....

·
Registered
490 Posts
I know right! See's a camera and freaks out LOL
I guess I am lucky that Shad is a complete camera hog. With his new fry, now 4 days hatched, he doesn't remotely mind when I pull the cover to the tub to feed them. He is a very calm fish, and very smart. I've taught him that if I wiggle my finger, it means "food is here" and if I circle my finger, he'll eventually turn around to find the food that land behind his head.

·
Banned
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess I am lucky that Shad is a complete camera hog. With his new fry, now 4 days hatched, he doesn't remotely mind when I pull the cover to the tub to feed them. He is a very calm fish, and very smart. I've taught him that if I wiggle my finger, it means "food is here" and if I circle my finger, he'll eventually turn around to find the food that land behind his head.

GOOD NEWS!! I have 69 fry hanging around the sides of the tank. I took dad out this morning and many of the eggs hatched into fry. This would have been a much bigger spawn had he taken care of them but it's still a success in my eyes. Now I just need them to start free swimming to be worry free. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts