Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there's lots of heater threads out there, and I've tried doing some research, but I'm still stumped on what to buy.

I have a 5.5 tank, however it's currently holding around 3 gallons - tail biting stopped with a shallower tank. I may try to slowly raise the water level, but for now the water is just about 4 inches deep. I also keep my apartment around 65F, so the heater will need to do some work to get the temperature up.

So I need a heater that will heat 3 to 5.5 gallons, and is either short or can be used horizontally, and is adjustable. With my research, I've narrowed down to 3 heaters, but I'm open to suggestions.

Hydor THEO Submersible Aquarium Heater 25W UL 7in
EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater 25W 9in (tank is long, this would fit horizontally)
Preset Heater Mini 25 Watt 6in? This says preset but has an adjustable knob, can anyone confirm?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Someone just posted that the Elite is adjustable. I think that's the best deal, plus it seems to have good reviews. Also, if you check out the pics most of the customer pics are with betta tanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the 100w adjustable version of that elite & mine does have little indicators that change when I move the knob. The one on here does not have the indicators even though it has the knob. Also of note you should be able to mount it sideways like I did to make sure there is no issue with the low water level.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll try the Elite.

bastage: I noticed in reviews that the Elite leaks oil when completely submerged, have you noticed that with yours?

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'll try the Elite.

bastage: I noticed in reviews that the Elite leaks oil when completely submerged, have you noticed that with yours?
Not at all, Though its completely submerged I don't know how I would. In-fact I didn't even realize there was oil in the thing.

Where did you find this review at, I cant find anything on the interwebs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts