Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I purchased a heater for my 10gl tank. Tying to collect the bits one by one. I will get it set up eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
You gonna keep him? :D you should.

A new $90 Finnex FugeRay Planted+ light for my 20. :3 also, almost $100 in plants. 8D

·
Registered
508 Posts
I brought home a white EE rescue named Horton with real bad popeye and my first ever plants that I actually went to Petco to get. I bought an Aquatic Combo of Dracaena Spathiphullum Ophiopogon Syngonium. 2 batches for both of my 10 gallons that I am having trouble cycling and I hope that the plants will help. Also some Stress Zyme. My purchase before was silk plants so that I am going to mix the real and silk for the time being.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
@Olivia Nope. I was just going to get the plain ol' Planted+ off Amazon. Where'd you get yours?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
@firewood: good luck with everything :) riparium is fun. I heard.

@TFT: well, my LFS. It's the planted+ Clip-on version. You sure you can't fit a stingray instead? Aquavibrant.com sells them at a decent price ($22 including shipping for the 12" one)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just bought some Pygmy Crypt, Golden Anubias Nana, Anubias Coffeefolia and Green Temple for my main tank; now I just need to go searching for a nice king betta to put in it. More excited about the anubias, this will complete my anubias collection for now :)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
My last purchase was last night for Prazipro, that is last on the list for medication for my Betta First Aid Kit, well, except a good ich medication (if anyone can recommend one to me?)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Thanks!! I'll go check it out!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
My last purchase: Scammed by Petsmart Aquatic Plants...

I just realized I got scammed by Petsmart. That Aquatic Combo I bought is full of plants that are not really Aquarium plants. These were in a dedicated to plants tank too! I feel so dumb for buying these because I was looking at actual Aquarium plants in the gel and because this tank was dedicated to plants I thought ohh this is great, 3 different kinds of plants to help me get a good start on my 10 gallon at a good price...OH BOY!!!

I don't get to go inland again for a long time and my LPS has plants but they do not look healthy so I guess I am out of luck.

So do not buy these Aquatic Combos like I did!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I just realized I got scammed by Petsmart. That Aquatic Combo I bought is full of plants that are not really Aquarium plants. These were in a dedicated to plants tank too! I feel so dumb for buying these because I was looking at actual Aquarium plants in the gel and because this tank was dedicated to plants I thought ohh this is great, 3 different kinds of plants to help me get a good start on my 10 gallon at a good price...OH BOY!!!

I don't get to go inland again for a long time and my LPS has plants but they do not look healthy so I guess I am out of luck.

Don't you hate when that happens? :/

I try not to buy plants I don't know about anymore because of this reason.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts

OMG I'm so sorry! I noticed that your last post about the plant combo is full of non aquatic plants which is why I said "riparium is fun". I swear I thought that's what you're gonna do. I should've pointed it out :( I'm sorry.

But hey! You can still do riparium! Draceana is a gorgeous, gorgeous plant.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Crash, I really hate it when it happens! I felt really dumb! I mean you would assume that plants in the bottom of an tank full of other plants would mean that they would grow in a tank right? Not when you are at Petco, I guess!

Oliva, Dracaena is a beautiful plant which is why I bought the bundle actually. I am debating taking it back next time I travel inland in a week or so or just planting it in a pot and having an interesting potted plant. Then I need to have the bamboo and the peace lillies in pots too so Your idea of a riparium is intriguing too!

21 - 40 of 297 Posts