Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Humphrey and I have gotten into the habit of, I get out of bed to feed him in the morning and check up on him and whenever I get close he swims away
but then it's as if he's suddenly grown a pair and decided
"Hey, I'm not afraid of you!"
And he swims full force towards me and flares!
It's the cutest thing ever that Humphrey thinks he's all masculine and tough.
He's not fooling anyone. ;-)

Does anyone else's betta do cute things like that?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Every morning, when I turn on Skerries' light, he pinballs around his tank, flaring!!! GRR!! I VISHUS!!!

Norbert is also fearsome.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Lucifer always stares at me of a second then twitches around as he opens his mouth.. Like he's saying he's not scared or something. I let him do it for a minute then I calm him down. That's why I named him Lucifer. lol

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't think my Tina knows how to flare. She looks like she is with her fins, but her gills stay flat. She thinks she's being so scary, and she chases me around until I feed her. My Patriot flares at me sometimes, when I walk up to the tank. Usually, he just flares at the food after I drop it in. :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Merlin flares at me almost all the time, and it's usually accompanied with the glare he got his name for, but his glare hasn't become as frequent as it used to be, I think he just likes looking grumpy XD.

Dragoon doesn't really flare, he just does his little happy dance to say he's happy to see me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts