Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is happening a little earlier then planned. Plan was to introduce them today by putting Kisa in a mesh breeder in the spawn tank until Saturday afternoon. I put her in, and she immediately dropped about five eggs, S-swam, and submissed... so I released her. Going to be watching them all night until bed time, and doing frequent checks tomorrow. Pics as things progress. Currently it's just tag.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can't wait for the pics!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I probably already know the answer to this, but I will be interested to see what kind of tail types you end up with.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And we've progressed to hide and seek with fin nipping :roll:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, her anal, dorsal, and caudal fins are pretty much shredded, but he doesn't chase her for long, and seems to be giving her rest periods, and there are no body nips visible so far.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yikes...at least she's able to catch her breath.

Should be an interesting mix considering their colors and fins.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea. If he can convince her to let him embrace. If nothings happened tomorrow evening, I'm going to put her back in the breeder for an hour-ish for a slight recoup and snack.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Funny, my delta male tried to hard to impress my veiltail female but she gave him the cold shoulder. Now they're getting along and she really loves him.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WE'VE GOT WRAPPING ATTEMPTS!!!!!!!! :p :redyay: :blueyay: :greenyay: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and... WE GOT EGGS. At least, Kisa's dropping a few after each wrap now. We'll see if Yue is fertilizing them or not later.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It does. I'm pretty sure that they ate all the eggs so far, but maybe they missed a coupe that will hatch...maybe. If not, I'll recondition Yue for a couple of weeks and try him with a different female (Kisa's going to need a longer recovery period, I think). Might change my mind depending on how she looks after reconditioning is over.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
So... PICTURES!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Officially calling first spawn a fail. No bubbles, no eggs, and no nest guarding this morning. So, rest and extra stress guard for Kisa, food for Yue. Try again in two weeks. Yue with either Kisa if her fins are fully back or Hatori if I deem Kisa still unfit for another attempt. If Kisa, will post here; if Hatori, will start new thread.

Oh, and I'll upload the videos that I took to youtube sometime this week and post the links.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Do you know who ate them? If it is the male and it happens a second time, I would not use him for any further breeding attempts.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was both, but yea. I know the 1 2 3, you're out tradition. He still young, and it was his first spawn, so it might have been that none of them were fertilized? Would be a shame, he's a white halfmoon.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts