Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Wow, they're amazing. Yue has a platinium look. Funny, my dragon delta has clear patches on his tail and anal fin. I'm assuming that there may have been a cellophane relative in his bloodline

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you Houndogg. I've been incredibly lucky at the local petco and petsmarts with finding gorgeous fish. Quick update, Kisa already has a lot of regrowth with her fins... I think she might be up for a retry next week :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
You're welcome. The Petco and Petsmart where I am tend to be hit and miss, I do come across some nice ones once in a while but the aquarium store where I got my delta, Cole have a whole section with bettas. Saw my first black orchid there, very unique.

Hope it works out for you next week.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
video was 8 minutes, last 2:30 was him dancing and her in the tunnel. Observed tag was about 4 or 5 minutes of tag with an extended rest period (1 hour+). 2nd part (embrace) was close to 2 days later.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Wow. But then again I've heard the first time around it takes bettas a while. When I put my pair together for the first time, Cole actually panicked if he got too close to Myra.

Hope the next time works out for you.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Here's to hoping. If not, Hatori is conditioned as well, as is my other mature male Inuyasha.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I can understand that, I've named pets after TV show characters. Myra was named after Michelle Thomas' character in Family Matters, Cole got his name because his dark face reminded me of charcoal, though it's spelled like Cole from the sitcom, Martin.

You have some nice looking bettas. Inu looks like a delta.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
That was an older pic of him, he had slight fin rot. He is a HM, almost OHM, I think he might also be a feather tail. And he has partial dragon scales on a dark red base. Very pretty now that he's recovered from PetCo. And thank you, I've gotten really lucky with Petco and Petsmart.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Well, at least he recovered from the fin rot. My delta is a full dragon with butterfly markings. The bettas at my local Petco and Petsmart are usually hit and miss which is one reason why I got my bettas from aquarium stores. Fish with exotic colors and markings like yours usually don't stay on the shelf too long.

Since he's partial dragon, if you breed him you'll probably end up with partial dragon and metallic colors.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
That's what I am hoping for from him. I learned the betta shipment days (all Thursday) around here, so I go in the evening when I feel like I need another one, lol, or when I wanted to get another "PetCo Baby" (the 6 week old ones that they sell).

BTW, Cole is gorgeous.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I know what you mean, the aquarium stores near me get their bettas on fridays. I can't help but look at the bettas anytime I go to Petco. It's hard not to.

I've seen a silver veiltail with yellow eyes. I had thought about getting a baby betta but since I have two adults, I decided to try raising my own.

Oh, Thanks, that was one reason I got Cole, because of his markings and color. I love bettas that have an exotic appearence. I remember back in the 90s, when veiltails were the only bettas you could find in a pet store. Now halfmoons, crowntails and the like are more common.

The baby bettas are adorable though, can't help but smile at them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yeah. 2 of my 3 babies survived for close to 3 months now. They've gotten so big.
Oh, better pic of Inu in my journal and on my profile. His caudal fin is hard to see in pictures, partially cellophane around the edges.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=384146

·
Registered
706 Posts
Just looked at some of your photos, love Rin's markings. I'm hoping to get some marbles and butterflies since Cole more than likely carries those genes.

I remember when Myra was 2 months old, now she's almost a year old and looks more like an adult.

Funny Cole's tail and anal fin is clear around the edges. My guess would be he and Inu probably had a cellophane relative in their families.

21 - 40 of 100 Posts