Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Round two. Kisa is in the mesh breeding box in the spawn tank. I will be (planning on) releasing her Sunday morning

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
24 hours in

Quick update before work. S swimming from both of them. Kisa is now interested in going to the cup instead of hiding, but Yue isn't quite yet. Bubble nest reconstructed after a night of negect, will post pics of original later... it was "special". Slight fin tearing on Kisa.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Kinda, I'm also starting to think Yue needs to get harassed before he wraps. Kisa's also starting to get impatient. Last time I noticed that Kisa would nip at Yue to get him to embrace her. Kinda funny, a guy more interested in foreplay than the girl, lol.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
And, after much pestering by Kisa and wiggling by Yue (I swear, I could feel the frustrated sighs coming from Kisa), we are on to practice embraces. :-D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
And during the 3 hours that I was bowling, I think we got eggs. at least, he was showing no interest in wrapping, she was hiding again, and he was nest guarding. ....and my boyfriend says he can see grains-of-salt-like-thingies in the nest. So, now to see if any were properly fertilized. I'll post the pre mating nest pics tomorrow and probably upload an edited mating vid or two.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Nest, pre mating

like I said... it was special.
View attachment 379810 View attachment 379818

He kept pulling the plants under the cup. I took them out like 5 times before saying "screw it." He took them out when he rebuilt the nest the nest day.

He is definitely nest guarding, so we'll see what we can see.

Don't have any egg bearing wrap videos yet, but I have one more to watch. Instead, I will post the link for the warm-ups, aka Kisa's frustration, tomorrow, as it is now bedtime.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
There are fry!!! They are so cute. Im so excited!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks :) I'm counting 20 fry, so between 15 and 30 is my current ball park and he is doing a fantastic job keeping them off the bottom... and flaring everytime someone lifts the blanket to peak inside.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Pulled Yue today. Only able to find 5 fry, but they were free swimming, so the others are probably hiding in the dense floating vegetation. At least, I'm not seeing any on the bottom, so, hoping they are just hiding.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hope there's a few more, though five isn't bad, could've been worse. I've also heard it's not uncommon for first time betta parents to have small spawns. Looking forward to seeing what colors and markings you end up with.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I can't either. I think I saw 12 today when I suctioned a little of the dead plant matter off the bottom. going to clean a bit more tomorrow while adding .5 gallons.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts