Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to mess up anymore. In the next week or two I'm going to be able to get to PetSmart and will be able to get more zebra danio to replace the ones that I lost.

I started out with 6 but stressed the poor things out so much that I lost all but 1, I have him and a betta (they are cohabiting peacefully so far) in a 10 gal tank and since the remaining zebra is now doing well, I'll get a 20 gal long to properly house him in the next month or two. My question is should I get him 5 or 6 buddies and hope that a school of them does not take to harassing the betta, or should I just leave well enough alone and not get any more zebras until I get the 20 gal long?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
If I were you, I would wait until setting up a 20L. Then I would use a 10 gallon or 20L as a quarantine tank for new guys.

·
Super Moderator
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I was waffling both ways. I know from finally properly researching that the fin nipping done by them tends to occur when the tank's too small, but at the same time I know he'll do best with a 5 or more zebra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts